For many individuals who are experiencing grief, it is commonly heard that blood pressure and mood are two areas, out of many, that are susceptible to physiological fluctuations as a result of grief. In order to help support your body through grief, we want to take a moment to introduce you to Cacao and its benefits. Did you know:
- Cacao has 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries
- One of the highest plant-based sources of iron
- More magnesium than 1 serving of spinach
- A natural mood elevator and anti-depressant
One of our favorite and most comforting ways to enjoy this superfood is by making a warm drink.
Hot Cacao Recipe:
- 1 tbsp organic, raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of plant-based milk or milk of choice
- 2 tsp of natural sweetener such as maple sugar
Simply heat over the stove, while stirring occasionally until mixed and warmed throughout. Enjoy!